Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer






I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time, but just had not made the time to do so.  It also has something to do with the fact that I am not a good writer, nor am I very computer literate, so without due, I will give this a try!

The Moldoveanu household has been in full swing this summer with many activities and fun times!  We started out in the spring by making a trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Cincinnati, OH.  Bobby and I thought that this would be the perfect first trip to take with the kids.  It was an awesome time!  The indoor waterpark was very impressive and the rooms were very spacious and kid friendly.  It is a little expensive, but for a weekend, it was well worth it!  After that we came home and Bobby had another week of vacation and it was so nice to have him home for two weeks!  Bobby never takes vacation time, in fact he had not taken time off in over two years, (other than when the kids were born) and it was past due.  I have so much appreciation and admiration for him.  His dedication to us as a family and his dedication to his patients is amazing.  I don't know how he manages to do it all, but he does!! 

On Father's Day weekend in June we went with my parents and brothers to Kentucky Lake for the weekend.  I was impressed with the vastness of the lakes and the beautiful area.  It was super hot though, and we spent the entire weekend in the pool with the kids, but it was great!  It was a very special weekend with my dad and my husband. 

By now Fourth of July weekend was upon us and summer was in full swing!  Bobby's parents visited over the 4th weekend and we had a great time catching up and visiting.  On Monday we celebrated the weekend at my Aunt Lori and Uncle Cliff's house.  It is a yearly tradition as long as I can remember.  We have a cookout, swim in their fantastic pool, eat, nap, eat, swim, ect, ect!  It is the only time of year that my dad will get in the pool with all of the kids, do his famous belly flop, while all of us adults laugh harder than the year before! 
We had a litte down time after the 4th and spent much of the next few weeks just doing our normal schedule! 

My Birthday was on August 14th and my brother came in town for the weekend.  We had a special dinner with my family at Pat's Steakhouse and it was so nice for everyone to be together.  The most special gift that I recieved for my birthday was Olivia woke me up and sang Happy Birthday to me.  To my delight, she has a beautiful little singing voice.  I love to sing, and it is so great that she does too, and even at two is somewhat on key!!!  I must say, it was the best version of Happy Birthday that I have ever heard.  Of course, Frankie just stood there and clapped and then gave me lots of head butts and loves!!

Now the time is upon us, the time that I have had bittersweet emotions about...first day of Preschool.  On September 8th Olivia and Frankie will start preschool a few mornings a week.  It is a good thing I know, but part of me is sad.  I have never left my kids with anyone but family and this is going to be a major step for me as well.  They are going to a church in our neighboorhood, and it is so close that I can almost see it from our house, but the anixety is still there!  Livi is so excited though, everytime we drive past she says "That is MY school".  She needs the interaction with the other kids as well as adults.  I'm sure that they will both do great, but I will probably have a few tears that first day

That pretty much sums up our summer for now!  We are planning to go to Florida in a few weeks and take our first Beach vacation with the kids ever!  I'm very excited and I will keep you posted on how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment