Friday, August 27, 2010

I want a re-do!

Do you ever have those days where you feel like if you could just go back to bed, reset the alarm and wake up and do it all over again, that the second time it would be better?  Today is one of those days.

Livi woke up too early and was in a foul mood, which usually happens about 3 mornings a week.  Frankie on the other hand is bring eyed and bushy tailed, ready to eat, poop, and take on the world (or at least his play cars and blocks).  I had to be out of the house early this morning to run some errands and was trying to get everyone moving.  I decided to jump in and take a "quick" and I mean quick shower.  When I got out, I found this puddle of red on my carpet in the hall...red nail polish that is!  I immediately run into the kids room to find Liv with red nail polish all over her hands and feet and then I look at Frankie, it was in his mouth, on his lips, and all over his legs and toes.  Not only did Liv decide to paint her own nails, she thought it would be fun to paint Frankie's too.  After confiscating the nail polish, I start to work on the removal process.  I put them in the tub and scrub on them and decide that I will have to use the nail polish remover.  I wanted to avoid this because I didn't want to put anything on them that would irritate their skin, but it had to be done.  After 10 minutes of rummaging through every bathroom cabinet and every shelf in the closet, I realize that I have about 20 bars of soap, three extra shampoos and NO nail polish remover. 

Going through target I begin to wonder if anyone will notice the red all over my kids hands, feet, and legs, and then I tell myself, you are stupid, they all see it!!!  After buying about 5 other things that I didn't need, I got the nail polish remover and went to check out.  The cashier took one look at my kids and started laughing, and the harder she laughed, the more the steam in my head began to slowly come out of my ears.  Then the words "Your kids have nail polish all over them! hahaha!"  No flippin @#$% lady, really?  I hadn't noticed!! 

After we got home I was unpacking the car and trying to fix a quick lunch and I notice that Liv is being very quiet and good...I knew that something was up.  While Frankie was making a mess of his lunch I go into the sun room to find her quietly playing, knowing my daughter all too well I ask her, " Do you need to go to the potty to poop?" I get a quick "NO".  I asked again and she assured me that she was not pooping in her pants.  About 3 minutes later she comes in the kitchen and announces to me that she has poop in her pants.  Great, more laundry to do.  This is where I begin to have dreams about a martini, the ones with the great big olives in them, in a chilled glass.  No martini was had and a change of pants was in order.  After cleaning up the mess that Frankie made from his lunch it was now time for a nap. 

Nap time is a glorious time of day, the best time of the day!  So, maybe after nap time we can start over, reset this alarm, and turn this day around, just maybe!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Rach! this is awesome! I love your blog. I reminds me all too well why I do not want to have another!!! I miss you girl....

    ReplyDelete